Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing the cops???

Options
  • 20-09-2013 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously 1 or 2 * levels are incredibly tedious to shake, maybe I'm missing something but don't think they balanced these properly. Ok if I had 3 fine but at 2* cops hunting you to the death and finding you in the most hidden of alley ways is really annoying now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Alleyways, underground car parks, side streets... stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

calex71 wrote: »
    Seriously 1 or 2 * levels are incredibly tedious to shake, maybe I'm missing something but don't think they balanced these properly. Ok if I had 3 fine but at 2* cops hunting you to the death and finding you in the most hidden of alley ways is really annoying now.

Turn left go under a bridge, watch the minimap.

its really easy to lose 2 star, switch cars etc.

3 star is speed then apply the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not so easy when you can't ditch the slow as a mule van you are in because it's a heist requirement :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

I lost them in a very, very slow van earlier. Take sharp turns into laneways, cut across terrain and most importantly HIDE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Easier to lose them on foot, abandon your heist van, don't go to far, you'll lose them and then you can walk back and continue, I did that earlier with the bin truck.

Alternatively you can let them swarm around you, wait till they all leave their cars and then put the pedal down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Not so easy when you can't ditch the slow as a mule van you are in because it's a heist requirement :(

Turning your lights off if it's night time apparently helps too, get under freeways and bridges as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Going to a different level to them seems to do the trick a lot faster than just trying to hammer it away. When I played first I found it really hard, taking over 5 minutes to lose them at times. I can do it now within a minute or so if I find the right alleyway or slipstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm about 30% through and I haven't found losing the police difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

1 and 2 is handy, just avoid the radar cone. 3 with the helicopter is a little hard but like it was said about, foot to the floor till you lose the helicopter then hide. Have only had 4* a couple of times, I didn't last very long

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Storm drain if you're close to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

The AI for the cops is fantastic in this GTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

The AI for the cops is fantastic in this GTA.

Them ramming and boxing you in is great as well as searching an alley in formation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

KILL THEM ALL!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Changing cars helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

havent found it too hard to be honest although in one mission I was playing trevor and the stars were blinking for ages! There was about a dozen cars over head and three helicopters but they couldnt see me.

Had to move because it was getting tedious waiting for the stars to disappear

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

errlloyd wrote: »
    Easier to lose them on foot, abandon your heist van, don't go to far, you'll lose them and then you can walk back and continue, I did that earlier with the bin truck.

Alternatively you can let them swarm around you, wait till they all leave their cars and then put the pedal down.

Shoot out their tyres 1st, but shooting out the window... they are very accomodating parking at a 90 degree angle to you :pac:

Advertisement