Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Help!

Options
  • 19-09-2013 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hey everyone, so basically im repeating and have taken on accounting as a new subject and I've not gotten off to a great start, the book i have is modern accounting by peter quinn and i just find its terrible for explaining anything, it doesn't really explain where numbers are coming from and why there going where they are, its mainly sample questions which i don't understand. where/how could i learn about the basics of this subject cause this book doesn't go through them at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭3raser10

http://www.davidwilson.ie/web/Accounting.html

I had found this website by chance one day...might help you as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

the modern acounting book is great for theory and practise questions. for explanations of figures revise wise is the best option:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 grangerka

Frank Wood's Business Accounting is brilliant, it goes step by step - makes things really easy to understand! It's been around for a while so you can probably get it cheaply from amazon or from the liabrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 klt

grangerka wrote: »
    Frank Wood's Business Accounting is brilliant, it goes step by step - makes things really easy to understand! It's been around for a while so you can probably get it cheaply from amazon or from the liabrary.

is this the book? http://books.google.ie/books/about/Frank_Wood_s_Business_Accounting_1.html?id=-DgLEheXqv4C&redir_esc=y

• Registered Users Posts: 34 grangerka

that's the one :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

Check out 'Taking Account' by Sile Minogue (Educate). It's brand new and I'm using it with my students. Excellent book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 youhavw

I have the accounting by Peter Quinn book and I was wondering if anyone had the solutions I’m studying for exams and can’t figure out what’s wrong, can anyone help or send links please

Advertisement