Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography Portfolio Themes?

Options
  • 19-09-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm currently putting together a photography portfolio for college admission however I'm wondering what are photography themes exactly? I've been looking online for any pointers but I have found nothing. Is this the topic of the picture? like documentary, fashion etc or is it totally different?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

A theme is a concept, notion, emotion, idea etc. that you try convey in a single photo or something that brings together a series of photos.

For example, a theme could be something as simple as "Autumn" where the photo(s) capture your interpretation of Autumn. "Close to home" is a theme the frequently pops up. I did a series which I called Recessionary Times

If you search for Photographic Themes you'll find lots of things, such as this page which has themes for competitions: http://www.betterphoto.com/contest/themes.asp

Hope that helps a little, go luck with your application

Advertisement