Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work has given me €250 to spend on a gift before I travel

Options
  • 19-09-2013 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So as the heading states, I will soon be leaving my job and my employers have given me an allowance of €250 to spend on a gift, this is not a cash gift but can come in the form of a voucher.

I will soon be heading to Canada & America and would love to have any suggestions as to what item I could get that would be of benefit to me...I've had suggestions of an ipad or an iphone, I know these would cost considerably more than the €250 but i'm willing to spend a bit more of my own money on top of the gift. I don't think either of those items would be of any great benefit to me as i'm bringing a laptop and I don't really care too much for smartphones.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

bazdaz wrote: »
    So as the heading states, I will soon be leaving my job and my employers have given me an allowance of €250 to spend on a gift, this is not a cash gift but can come in the form of a voucher.

I will soon be heading to Canada & America and would love to have any suggestions as to what item I could get that would be of benefit to me...I've had suggestions of an ipad or an iphone, I know these would cost considerably more than the €250 but i'm willing to spend a bit more of my own money on top of the gift. I don't think either of those items would be of any great benefit to me as i'm bringing a laptop and I don't really care too much for smartphones.

A good quality backpack or luggage set? Large portable hard drive for backing everything up? Travel insurance?

Can they get you a pre-paid Visa card to the value? Ur € will probably go further in the USA.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

bazdaz wrote: »

What are you going to be doing in Canada and the US? Hiking? Working? Travelling a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Sure you'd get the pad cheaper there i would think!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bazdaz

I would probably get an ipad cheaper there alright
    What are you going to be doing in Canada and the US? Hiking? Working? Travelling a lot?

I will be doing some travelling in the US first & then hoping to find work in Canada and settle there for a few years (I have a 2 year visa). As i said, I already have a laptop and I think an external hardrive would be a good idea, thanks for the suggestions so far...keep them coming

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there bazdaz,

I've moved your thread from our Travel forum over in to the Gift, Festivities and Party Ideas forum where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 bazdaz

Cheers Kerry4sam, I wasn't sure where I should have labelled it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Hmmm,
    Camera, Kindle, Backpack, Tent, Hammock, a nice watch?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

A decent backpack is the most important thing for travelling. Maybe a tablet or a good waterproof camera

Advertisement