Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good furniture store in Dublin

Options
  • 19-09-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good furniture store in the Dublin area. We're going up there this weekend and are still looking for sitting room furniture. We are looking for a modern-traditional type of store, we want to put in wooden furniture like, so not an ultra modern glass & chrome kind of place. We love EZ living so something like that kind of a store??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Ikea

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭tenbob1

Ikea

I take it you are against "Buy-Irish".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

tenbob1 wrote: »
    I take it you are against "Buy-Irish".

They employ a lot of people in Ireland in all fairness.

I don't know of many other furniture stores other than the likes of Harvey Norman etc. Well that or those places that cost an arm and a leg. Although I will say OP you can get some great, interesting and quality stuff in the antiques type places on Frances St.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RyanAsh

I generally find IKEA furniture too modern and i dont think they do any actual wooden stuff do they? I wouldnt be into antiques, I'm thinking more modern than that now. Definitely wood; oak or ash or walnut or something, we need a TV unit and a bookcase and a few lamp tables

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

RyanAsh wrote: »
    I generally find IKEA furniture too modern and i dont think they do any actual wooden stuff do they? I wouldnt be into antiques, I'm thinking more modern than that now. Definitely wood; oak or ash or walnut or something, we need a TV unit and a bookcase and a few lamp tables

The Furniture Liquidator in Gullivers Retail Park,Santry.....just 2 minutes across the road from Ikea.

Great place,allways good deals and you can haggle with the staff too.

Ive used them before and I got a great deal on some lovely white oak tables,TV unit and brown leather 3 seat sofa.:)

Also EZ Living in Airside Retail Park,Swords.:)

I got the floor lamps and bedside lamps in Ikea in a winter sale last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Garrsmond

Theres always Arnotts, or Frank Mc Gowans in Swords.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Garrsmond wrote: »
    Theres always Arnotts, or Frank Mc Gowans in Swords.

IMO....A fair bit overpriced for what he sells,when you compare him to other stores selling the same furniture.

Arrnotts regulary have 50% off warehouse sales from their distribution warehouse up in Santry.

Picked up a few bargains there over the years.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YossiA

Capel St and Francis Street worth a visit, some great second hand bargains to be had there.

Advertisement