Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping a stolen car?

Options
  • 19-09-2013 11:44am

Howdy folks.

I'm a little behind in the story as I've not really been doing m/any missions, and instead just trying to explore and get familiar with the driving in this game (as it's quite different from IV, as we're all aware by now I'm sure!).

So i didnt want to post this in one of the other gameplay threads as I may accidentally spoil the game for myself. Hence the new thread.

I was wondering if anyone could advise on how to hold onto a car that I've stolen?

Pretty much, had a nice car, spent a few euro on it, and then it disappeared when a mission made me drive something else instead. I have since found a nice SUV, Spent a couple of Euro on it in LS Customs and now I'm worried of the same.

In one or two missions, i make a deliberate effort to park my SUV in actual parking spaces beside mission start points when the mission makes me use a different vehicle, and either by luck or design, the SUV has still been there when I got back.

But now I'm worried that if i go randomly spinning around, end up in a police chase, etc. that I'll lose my car (if I dump it for something else or it gets blown up, etc.). Is there any way to 'claim' a particular car as your own? Perhaps it gets respawned at a police station impound if you're killed or arrested, etc?

Apologies if there's a really simple or obvious answer to this.

My progress so far:
    I've just gone and taken photos of the jewellry shop for the first heist, so not sure if i have yet to unlock anything like this

I know i can keep a car in the garage at michaels house and it'll respawn there every time i restart the game, but im looking to see if theres a way of keeping a car after i've destroyed or, more likely, abandoned it?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

If you put it in the garage and do a quick save, you should* be able to then go out and do what you like, and if you destroy it, it will show up in your garage again, and if it's stolen, lost or abandoned it will be at the impound.

*From what I've read, yet to try it out!

Advertisement