Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long will life insurance take to payout?

Options
  • 18-09-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi All

Unfortunately a family member passed away a week ago, and we are just trying to get to terms with the financial affairs. The financial situation is quite complex, but there are multiple life insurance policies in force to cover outstanding debts. Does anyone have a feel for how long it would typically take for the death benefits to be paid after death?

Another factor in play is that we only have an interim death cert available which doesn't state a cause of death. Is this likely to cause delay?

I'm finding it quite difficult to find any information online about how long it will be until payments are made, so any information you have would be a huge help.

Thanks

Comments

My granddad passed away in June and I had to look after all this for my gran. I sent all the documents including a complete death certificate and claims forms to the UK and she had a cheque within a month without any problems. All I'd say is read the forms very carefully as the smallest issues will stop them closing it off. On the interim death certificate I'd imagine it could cause delays actually. Best off calling the company in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Recently completed 2 claims.

Made enquiry to let the know. They sent forms and I send back the requested documents. I'd say its doable to complete claim within 4 weeks if you keep on top of it, sooner with one of the policies as they where very fast.

Some issues I could see happening are not having the original policy documents, original birth/death cert etc. It also depends on the amount of the policies as to if probate letters/letters of admin are need or copy of will etc.

Advertisement