Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boru An Croi Beag Tapered 4.8Kw Inset Stove

Options
  • 18-09-2013 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know there are a lot of threads on stoves so I'll try and keep it short.
    I looked at a lot of different stoves and read a lot of the threads and I've decided to go with this stove.

I've a 16" inch open fire for the last few years and like the idea of the tapered inset because there's no taking out the fire back etc. I was looking at a dimplex, a greenstove and a firewarm but I've decided to go with the Boru. Although it's a little more expensive it's Irish, seems to be very well made and comes with a ten year warranty.

I'm not going with a liner, the house is only 7 years old and the chimney's in good condition. But do I need any sort of connection between the stove and the chimney flue or can it be used as it is?

I've seen talk of a connection that goes from the smaller oulet on the back of the stove to the wider flue. And also talk of an elbow with about a metre or so going up into the chimney.

1)Are either of these required to comply with building regs/insurance?
    2)Do they help the stove work better?
    3)Does €600 delivered seem decent?

Cheers

Croi_Beag_Inset_drawing.PNG

Advertisement