Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Fund Accountant Dublin

Options
  • 18-09-2013 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have recently completed an Msc in Accounting having studied a Bsc in Accounting & Finance.

I'm finding it quite hard to get information in the area and am wondering if someone can tell me the best firms to apply for in terms of salary/benefits/overtime, career progression, hours worked, social life.

I have secured an interview with Citco but am wondering what would be the best firms as I can't put all my eggs in 1 basket and need to apply rather soon!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Your best bet is the accounting forum here

This is non relevant but why do a masters in accounting an move to funds. It seems its like a complete waste.

Most who've walked in funds find it boring and repetitive.

I suppose its whatever floats your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GEKKO135

Being a fund accountant is not the same as being an accountant. In fact very little of what you learned in either your BSc or MSc will be of use as a fund accountant.

But to answer your question, I would consider State Street as the best option in terms of salary and benefits. I had a friend who interned there for a while and although he disliked the job he was offered a decent starting salary if he chose to stay full time - around the 25k mark if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Citco pay 25K, BNY Mellon pay 25k & slightly over for some entry's level positions.

I won't choose working for one over salary alone there's also benefits like helping you to get some qualifications e.g acca, Health care, pension, staff discounts on Gym & lunch etc.

I'm not sure if State street or citco pay for OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tayls316

GEKKO135 wrote: »
    Being a fund accountant is not the same as being an accountant. In fact very little of what you learned in either your BSc or MSc will be of use as a fund accountant.

I'm aware of that but I studied derivatives in my Bsc as half of the degree was finance related. The masters just made me realise I don't want to go into audit.

Advertisement