Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolution on Just Eat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Great idea, but i wonder if you can legally have it delivered if it's after 10pm? And they're all craft beers so won't be as good as they think it will, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Good beers but you'd save a load of money by going to an off licence. But I suppose that defeats the purpose...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

Genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Brilliant offering, perfect for new parents who can't get it together to get out for a date!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

they are doing craft beer delivered with the food? thats great!
    I think just-eat is a great service to avail of and i wish them all the best,
    Unfortunately i wont be ordering anything from them as the only thing that celiac friendly is the coleslaw and if I ask nicely.. the Chicken Caesar Salad.. (thye only have to leave out the croutons)
    Everything else on the menu, including all the side orders has wheat in it.. :(

Still tho, great move and I hope to hear peoples reviews!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 nicolaed1

taxi+off-licence+takeaway =much cheaper and fast

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

0rt wrote: »
    they are doing craft beer delivered with the food? thats great!
    I think just-eat is a great service to avail of and i wish them all the best,
    Unfortunately i wont be ordering anything from them as the only thing that celiac friendly is the coleslaw and if I ask nicely.. the Chicken Caesar Salad.. (thye only have to leave out the croutons)
    Everything else on the menu, including all the side orders has wheat in it.. :(

Still tho, great move and I hope to hear peoples reviews!

lol - they thought of gluten free beers though!

Gluten Free
    Please note: Extras may be offered with these items.
    Price
    Estrella Daura 5.4%
    Described as a Spanish OR Mediterranean style Pilsener. However, the Daura version goes through a special brewing process, reliably removing the gluten
    €3.50

Greens Blond Gluten Free 5.8%
    Green’s Gluten Free Triple Blond Ale made from Millet, Buckwheat, Rice & Sorghum
    €3.50

Hollows Ginger Beer (Gluten Free) 4.3%
    €4.00

i cant eat beer all day :D

The missus ordered during the week while i was out..
    the following is herself, not me :)

I ordered a
    "Revolution Gourmet Burger combo" for 12euro
    (burger, topped with lettuce, tomato, French fried onions, coleslaw, special burger sauce in floured bap, served with fries)

It was delivered quick which i was impressed with.
    Disappointed with presentation, it wasnt in a floured bap for a start..
    Granted its a take away, but Revolution like to take pride in their food.
    Burger was in a bag and everything fell out of it and i had a messy job rebuilding the burger.
    Chips were Rev's norm.

No salt, vinager, or napkins.

After i put the burger back together, it was actually delicious!!
    But for having to order over a 12euro minimum and theres no gluten free options for 0rt, It really wasnt worth it, theres a chipper across the road thats cheeper and has lovely burgers.

If i was in town, I would consider going in for some food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

i cant eat beer all day :D

Challenge accepted! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Great idea, but i wonder if you can legally have it delivered if it's after 10pm? And they're all craft beers so won't be as good as they think it will, imo.

They can't legally sell you booze after 10 (except obviously in a licensed premises).

There was a place in Dublin that ran a 24hr booze delivery service a while back. Their trick was the payment was made online and went through in Spain - therefore you weren't purchasing the alcohol in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    They can't legally sell you booze after 10 (except obviously in a licensed premises).

There was a place in Dublin that ran a 24hr booze delivery service a while back. Their trick was the payment was made online and went through in Spain - therefore you weren't purchasing the alcohol in Ireland.
    Would they deliver to Waterford!? :D

Would they deliver to Waterford!? :D

Think they're long gone out of business to be honest.

There's not the demand that people think there is for an all-night booze service!

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Think they're long gone out of business to be honest.

There's not the demand that people think there is for an all-night booze service!
    Nothing worse than being asked back to a session at 3 in the morning and having no booze.

nothing worse than being at a session at 3 in the morning with booze and no one else has any!

Nothing worse than being asked back to a session at 3 in the morning and having no booze.

True. But try paying delivery drivers through the night on the off chance that someone wants cans. It's not that viable in Ireland I don't think.
    nothing worse than being at a session at 3 in the morning with booze and no one else has any!

That's not a session. That situation sounds like everyone else is trying to get to sleep and you're keeping them up! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

south wrote: »
    Ginos going to start delivering soon
    About feckin time!

hahah not gluten free once again.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Have revolution stopped delivering alcohol as in beer? the last few orders i made they only had wine for delivery and these orders were for after 8/9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think so, they still have some bottles as part of their meal deals though?

AdMMM wrote: »
    I think so, they still have some bottles as part of their meal deals though?

Yeah they have 2 bottles with one deal but even now i just looked and still cant select beer

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Yeah they have 2 bottles with one deal but even now i just looked and still cant select beer

i ordered 4 bottle of punk ipa last week with burgers - no problem with it - except the deliveryman looking for id!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jennygirl wrote: »
    i ordered 4 bottle of punk ipa last week with burgers - no problem with it - except the deliveryman looking for id!

Didn't they know you on delivery? ;)

Anyone know why they have stopped delivering on Just-Eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Id much rather get deliveries that actually go to Revolutions, the place has turned into some scumbag dive the last 2 years. You used to be able to head in and have a decent meal in peace, now there are weirdos and druggies propping up the bar and coming in and out every few minutes, and sometimes even tormenting the customers and the staff have a couldn't care less vibe. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,935 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Id much rather get deliveries that actually go to Revolutions, the place has turned into some scumbag dive the last 2 years. You used to be able to head in and have a decent meal in peace, now there are weirdos and druggies propping up the bar and coming in and out every few minutes, and sometimes even tormenting the customers and the staff have a couldn't care less vibe. Shame.

John street is gone to the dogs with unsavoury characters popping up, the state of the place on weekends (although its been like that for many many years). I deff say the 3 euro drink in masons has attracted a lot of scumbags and the spill over will go to revs.

theres always a girl begging outside hilbillies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

PTH2009 wrote: »
    John street is gone to the dogs with unsavoury characters popping up, the state of the place on weekends (although its been like that for many many years). I deff say the 3 euro drink in masons has attracted a lot of scumbags and the spill over will go to revs.

theres always a girl begging outside hilbillies

Yeah it was never a fantastic spot but now with Masons taking in anybody who can lift a ten euro note as well as an increase in beggers and oddballs using Revolutions as their base, I stay well away these days..

So no idea why they stopped delivering then :P

Its a pity because they have very nice burgers i got one from Rockin Joes instead first time getting one and it was very tasty

• Advertisement
Advertisement