Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB mortgage approval/turnaround time

Options
  • 18-09-2013 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hi can anyone tell me how long mortgage approval takes with AIB we have a credit rating issue with my partner with an MBNA credit card three years ago we have this case with ombudsman as its false info, approved in principle for 275k but only want 153k its a rent to buy property so if we don't get mortgage we lose home and our 17k deposit...really stressed and worried at this stage mortgage application went in over a week ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

midge087 wrote: »
    hi can anyone tell me how long mortgage approval takes with AIB we have a credit rating issue with my partner with an MBNA credit card three years ago we have this case with ombudsman as its false info, approved in principle for 275k but only want 153k its a rent to buy property so if we don't get mortgage we lose home and our 17k deposit...really stressed and worried at this stage mortgage application went in over a week ago

My wife and I got our second mortgage with AIB in 2009 and it took three weeks for the approval to come through.

Over the course of the three weeks, AIB asked a couple of times for some additonal info or for us to get additional letters re bonuses etc. from our employers.

Why not ring them and ask what the delay is? My branch were always frank with me in regard to asking for anything they needed to speed things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

Just got declined last fri but took two wks for an answer. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 15 midge087

Sorry to hear this Marchbride did they tell u why u were declined or was it just a no and thats it. Its two wks since our application was put in they asked for out rent to buy contract a week ago. Trying to remain hopeful but its very hard

Sorry to hear this Marchbride did they tell u why u were declined or was it just a no and thats it. Its two wks since our application was put in they asked for out rent to buy contract a week ago. Trying to remain hopeful but its very hard

Do remain hopeful though, I've heard of three people recently being approved and it took three wks. So no news is good news :)
    Yep she rang last Friday and said it was because they couldn't see 4 yrs history of rent being paid to THEIR Acc. My husband went mad at her over that and she looked it up there and then and could clearly see the standing order over last 4yrs. So they clearly didn't look Ito our application properly. Then she said the fact we were getting some of our dep off inlaws and a blip in husbands cred history went against us. The blip thing is ridiculous and she also agreed. So she is now appealing it for us?! But we'll hold our breaths!!

You are right to appeal i will pobably do the same if we are declined. There is a blip in my other halfs credit history but its one that was made by mbna and the case is with the ombudsman. As for our deposit we are doing rent to buy so our deposit is pretty much paid so if we dont get the mortgage we lose the house and the deposit :-( i hope you do well with your appeal they expect people to walk away but if u fight for it you are in with a chance

• Advertisement

You are right to appeal i will pobably do the same if we are declined. There is a blip in my other halfs credit history but its one that was made by mbna and the case is with the ombudsman. As for our deposit we are doing rent to buy so our deposit is pretty much paid so if we dont get the mortgage we lose the house and the deposit :-( i hope you do well with your appeal they expect people to walk away but if u fight for it you are in with a chance

Hi Midge,

Any news from the bank yet?

Marchbride wrote: »
    Hi Midge,

Any news from the bank yet?

Hi Marchbride. No news yet. Dont know whether its good or bad to hear nothing. It was two weeks on fri :-\

Hi Marchbride. No news yet. Dont know whether its good or bad to hear nothing. It was two weeks on fri :-\

Have you any update on your appeal?? Did anyone get back to you at all or ask for more info

Advertisement