Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Kildare

Options
  • 18-09-2013 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help me, i'm looking to buy a voucher for a nice restaurant for a friend that live not far from Kildare town. If anyone could make some recommendations i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Sandra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I'd go for The Hangedman's in Milltown.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

sandy_c wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can help me, i'm looking to buy a voucher for a nice restaurant for a friend that live not far from Kildare town. If anyone could make some recommendations i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Sandra

Harte's in Kildare Town or Chapter 16 in Kildare Town
    All Seasons Restaurant in Newbridge

All fab restaurants :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sandy_c

Great thanks for those. Called chapter 16 to see if I could buy a voucher and have it posted up to Dublin but they said no. Might be something places could think about rather than missing out on business. I'd pay for the stamp : )

Very surprised at that Sandy - did you ask to speak to a manager? Can't imagine any business in this day and age turning away business. Especially for the sake of a 60c stamp!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I used to rate Hartes but its gone downhill rapidly.
    Why bother when you have chapter 16,Cunninghams and Anamars in the town? All superior.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    I used to rate Hartes but its gone downhill rapidly.
    Why bother when you have chapter 16,Cunninghams and Anamars in the town? All superior.

Ah don't say that......... am going there tonight :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Hangedmans definitely - its five minutes from Kildare near Milltown. Brilliant chef. Menu is standard european/Irish with steak, fish etc.

Other option is Annemars - french restaurant with chef/patron who is passionate about food. Its been there for years and even in current climate its difficult to get a seat on a saturday night. Very reasonable too for the quality.

Hartes/chapter16/cunninghams - nice for a bite to eat but not a "restaurant" in the true meaning of a special night out.

Well have to say Harte's did not disappoint. Amazing food. Attentive staff. Really nice feel to the place. And it was packed to the hilt. Not too many restaurants can achieve that on a Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sandy_c

I emailed Annamars yesterday and i think the chef emailed me back to say that he can send a voucher out in the post! Delighted! Looks nice too and good reviews.

Thanks for all your help!

Fudge74 wrote: »
    Well have to say Harte's did not disappoint. Amazing food. Attentive staff. Really nice feel to the place. And it was packed to the hilt. Not too many restaurants can achieve that on a Thursday night.

It can be hit and miss to be fair.

• Advertisement

Went to Cunninghams lastnight with the wife as we heard great things about the food there lately and we were not disappointed.
    It was fantastic,we shared a duck salad starter,i went with the thai garlic beef with rice dish my wife went with a thai curry and rice,add in a nice sized portion of chips a glas of wine and a 7up,total of €45.40 :eek:
    We were shocked at the value, will definitely be back as the food was delicious.

Went to Cunninghams last night for dinner.............. WOW!!!! One duck noodle salad - amazing, one curry and one cajun chicken burger - FANTASTIC. Will most definitely be back. Brilliant value and great staff too :)

Advertisement