Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300 euro gaming pc

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭bezerk

It would really be worth it to get the FX6300 processor for an extra 35 euro as further down the line you would just have to update the graphics card and monitor. The processor you have in the build is not great at all and the FX6300 is a excellent processor for an extra 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eleksel

bezerk wrote: »
    It would really be worth it to get the FX6300 processor for an extra 35 euro as further down the line you would just have to update the graphics card and monitor. The processor you have in the build is not great at all and the FX6300 is a excellent processor for an extra 35.

Thanks, I was thinking the processor wasn't the best. I'm going to go for the FX6300, other than that is everything else fine?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭bezerk

I'd go for the 2GB version of the 7770 as well but won't really make a difference anyway at the resolution your playing at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eleksel

If I ever do decide to get a better monitor i'd probably buy a 7850 or something. So for now i'll just stick with the 1gb version. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Eleksel wrote: »
    If I ever do decide to get a better monitor i'd probably buy a 7850 or something. So for now i'll just stick with the 1gb version. Thanks.

I'd look into the fm2 platform (A8 or A10), no dedicated graphics card needed, you could build a small form factor build. If you decide to go higher spec in a couple of years you could build from scratch with new tech, and you have an awesome media centre/casual gaming machine for under the telly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd go with the AM3 build, a 640 + 7770 would still destroy the A10, plus easy buy an Fx6300 down the line. If 300's the budget, then you've chosen a good, well balanced build with the money've got. At 1280x1024 you'd be able to play most new games at ultra.

I have a machine for sale at the moment in my sig, I'd happily take 300 for it at this stage just to get rid of it.

Advertisement