Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting ddns on Hg658c

Options
  • 18-09-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've signed up for a free dns service using no-ip.com and was wondering has anyone been able to setup dns in the settings on my HG658c router

the problem is the service provider is controlled by a dropdown and is restricted to DynDns.org or TZO

Can this be changed or circumvented in any way? as I want to use a free DDNS provider and not a paid one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mullanp2

Hi i am having the same issue:

I want to use no-ip.com for my ddns but cannot due to HG658c being locked down to dyndns & tzo only.

I tried to edit the html using the inspect element option in firefox and was able to create new option for no-ip.com but when I tried to save\leave page the router logged me off and reverted to default settings. It there a way\a logon that allows me to update the menu\hidden menus. Something similar to what was tried here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057006124 but the html does not save to the router with the admin\admin1234 logn. Is the superuser password needed?

For example the link http://192.168.1.1/html/ntwkall/wan.asp give more WAN options. Is there a similar page for DDNS????

These locked down routers from VF are very frustrating.AAARRRGGG!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Even my third party router only has DYNDNS supported. I use the No-IP DUC in software instead.

TBH if you want decent functionality I'd buy your own router with the specs you need and bridge to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kilnageer

I would also like to do the same thing "Hi

I've signed up for a free dns service using no-ip.com and was wondering has anyone been able to setup dns in the settings on my HG658c router

the problem is the service provider is controlled by a dropdown and is restricted to DynDns.org or TZO

Can this be changed or circumvented in any way? as I want to use a free DDNS provider and not a paid one"

I'll contact vodafone support and report back. As a few posts from them a few years ago stated that you can choose from more than just two paid DDNS providers. But that may be historic and/or for a different modem/firmware.

Advertisement