Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sawmills in/near Dublin

Options
  • 18-09-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi all! I'm an occasional woodworker and don't buy wood very regularly. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I might source some wood in Dublin for a project I'm working on. Having got patchy results for sawmills off google I figured I'd come ask the experts (flattery gets you everywhere right?). :D

I'm looking for a short log of unseasoned pine and a big piece of oak (or two slightly smaller pieces. I'm based in North Dublin (Artane) but I don't mind travelling to get these pieces.

The oak dimensions would be 500x600x50 (or in 2 pieces 200x500x50mm and 400x400x50mm), the pine log needs to be at least 410mm long. Also, might any of you be able to estimate much I could expect to pay for this?

Any help at all appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

legologic wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm an occasional woodworker and don't buy wood very regularly. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I might source some wood in Dublin for a project I'm working on. Having got patchy results for sawmills off google I figured I'd come ask the experts (flattery gets you everywhere right?). :D

I'm looking for a short log of unseasoned pine and a big piece of oak (or two slightly smaller pieces. I'm based in North Dublin (Artane) but I don't mind travelling to get these pieces.

The oak dimensions would be 500x600x50 (or in 2 pieces 200x500x50mm and 400x400x50mm), the pine log needs to be at least 410mm long. Also, might any of you be able to estimate much I could expect to pay for this?

Any help at all appreciated!

No idea on prices, but Brooks on the Naas Road sell all sorts of timber, might be worth a phone call 01 4190000
    Think they can order it in if they don't have what you need

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Wow, quick reply. Thanks a lot!

I'll give them a shout later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Clonee Sawmills.

Higganbotham in Coolock are also good......they have sorted me out with large pieces of oak and larchwood and cutting them to specific sizes in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Thanks I didn't know Clonee. I know Higginbotham alright, I'm sure they'd have the oak but don't know if they'd have the unseasoned ash.

I'll check all these out tomorrow.

Advertisement