Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Club Officers entitled to 2 tickets each

Options
  • 18-09-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Can anyone clarify if in a GAA Club the Officers (Chairman/Secretary/Treasurer) are entitled to two tickets each ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

No, each club has different ways of allocating their tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Thanks

In our Club they see it as an entitlement to take 2 and that's before we give them out to members who brought a ticket which was sold on the basis of an entitlement to an All Ireland tickets and we don't have enough tickets in the club to give out to those members.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Up to each club how to decide to allocate tickets. i think club officers are quite entitled to at least 1 each. not sure what ticket you bought that would entitle you to an AI TICKET

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I think most clubs down here do offer Club Officers first refusal on tickets.

If they take up the offer its one ticket each.

the club sold a tickets for €150.00 to fundraise for the club saying that you got first dibs on All ireland tickets if the county got that far. Now that we have gotten to the All Ireland some of the officials who had signed up for the club tickets now want to take 3 tickets from the pot - 2 for being club officials and 1 for having the club ticket (which they are entitled to).

But considering we got a limited number of tickets I feel they should take 1 and if there happen to be any left over (!) then take another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

shoes34 wrote: »
    the club sold a tickets for €150.00 to fundraise for the club saying that you got first dibs on All ireland tickets if the county got that far. Now that we have gotten to the All Ireland some of the officials who had signed up for the club tickets now want to take 3 tickets from the pot - 2 for being club officials and 1 for having the club ticket (which they are entitled to).

But considering we got a limited number of tickets I feel they should take 1 and if there happen to be any left over (!) then take another.

Unless the club constitution forbids them taking tickets then the executive can do as they like with the tickets .

If you've an issue with there handling of tickets all you can do is propose a motion at the AGM to deal with tickets or if the constitution allows call an EGM. Non of which will happen before Sunday.

Unless the club constitution forbids them taking tickets then the executive can do as they like with the tickets .

I am on the Executive but I feel that we should distribute them fairly and not look to take 2 or 3 each.

There will probably be a riot over it ! I just wanted to get an outside opinion.

thanks for all the replies. Hopefully it will be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭bren2001

In my club the executives are entitled to one ticket each. Tickets are then distributed to the members of the club based on the number of matches they applied to the club for tickets for this year.

Obviously in your case the executives and the people who bought the 150e ticket are entitled to 1 ticket each. Bit mad that people on the executive are taking more than one. I'd raise the issue, who cares if there is a riot? It is only fair.

Advertisement