Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda virus removal for beginners please

Options
  • 18-09-2013 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Could someone please tell me how to get rid of the garda virus thing in simple easy language? I haven't a clue about computers other than surfing net etc so when I look at the threads telling people how to sort it I'm totally at sea.
    Is there somewhere I can find a simple step by step way of sorting it out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

download and run malwarebytes antirootkit

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/mbar/

post its log here

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

Thanks jsa112 for that. My next stupid question is how do I click on that link from my laptop when the screen freezes more or less straight away? Apologies for being so stupid but it comes naturally to me!

can you click it in safe mode with networking ? Or download it from another PC, put it on a usb key and install it to the infected PC

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

Is safe mode something to do with not starting up windows? A little knowledge is a dangerous thing - Do I hit F8 before windows starts?

yeah when you boot up the pc keep pressing F8 and it will allow you to select safe mode with networking

this virus is complicated so if you have somebody around who is good with PCs, I'd get them to help you out do these steps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

boot up in safe mode and do a system restore to an earlier date.

Zeppi

Advertisement