Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charged for hotel on booking.com after cancelling

Options
  • 18-09-2013 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I know there are already a few threads for booking.com but couldn't find one with the same problem as mine so I decided to start a new one!

I booked a hotel yesterday in Aix-en-Provence for one night at the end of this month, but had to cancel it today. After choosing the free cancellation option, the cost was 59 euros. But I checked my bank details tonight which shows two pending transactions, each of 59 euro, for the hotel. I double and triple checked before booking, and have the email that states 'no deposit will be charged' under prepayment, and also under hotel policy states that no fees will be charged if cancelled before the 27th September.

I've emailed booking.com, but have a bad feeling judging by these other threads that they will assume no responsibility. Really want to try sort it before the payment goes through, can't afford to lose 118 euro and wait months for a refund, if I even get it back at all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

If you get nowhere with them, go into your bank and ask for a charge-back. Make sure to print off all relevant info and bring it to the bank with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Probably
    Pending transaction 1 = charge of 59.00
    Pending transaction 2 = refund of 59.00

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelly306

Yeah I was hoping that was what the two transactions were for! But when I worked out all my pending transactions, it only balanced out with my available balance when I included the two payments :( but I hope I'm wrong.

booking.com got back to me asking for the hotel bill I received at checkout, which I of course don't have since I cancelled and even so the reservation is for the end of the month so I don't know.. sent them all my emails re the reservation and cancellation and screenshots of my statement so hopefully it will work out.. if not I'll just see about getting the charge-back at the bank if the payment still goes through.

Thanks for the help guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelly306

Apparently, the hotel pre-authorized my card so they temporarily 'block' the amount and it is then 'unblocked' once the card has been verified.

They have said that it was charged twice by mistake, so I have been assured that it will soon be resolved. Will just have to keep an eye on it!

Fingers crossed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement