Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Waste Problem

Options
  • 17-09-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My downstairs toilet has not been draining right and getting progressively worse. I tried to unblock but there does not seem to be a blockage. I may be completely wrong but I get the impression it is some sort of air lock. It is connected to the soil pipe with a right angle connector. When I move this slightly I hear a hiss of air then water from the toilet leaks out from the seal. I also used a small screwdriver to lift the seal at the joint to the toilet and it starts to flow straight away.

If anyone has advise on my next step I would much appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You do have a blockage somewhere along the pipe.
    Most likely between the wc and the vent stack pipe. If trying to clear it with a plunger has not worked then you may need to have the pan taken out to remove the cause of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ElectroBob

Thanks . . the plunger didn't work so i'll have to take the pan out. Appreciate the help

Advertisement