Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get started in acting in Dublin...

Options
  • 17-09-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I'm a 21 year old male who wants to get started in acting. It's something that has always interested me. I am simply looking for somewhere that offers the following:

- Auditions for all types of shows.

- A place where I can learn acting skills while also meeting people my age.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Moved to Theatre and Performing Arts

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JordanG990

It's not easy to get into but this is the best time to try. There is a lot of acting work available at the moment but that also means more people are trying it out.

There are a few ways you can get into the industry.

You can sign up to sites such as MovieExtras.ie, it costs something like 90 euro but if you go to one of their open days and book early you get 10 euro off and two professional headshots done. This site mainly offers their members chances to be extras in certain tv shows/movies such as Fair City.

You can go it alone and keep your eye out on websites like Starnow, MovieExtras, CastingZone etc. They have details of upcoming casting calls and a lot of students advertise for their college films which is a good way to gain experience and build up your show reel. It does take a lot of time and persistence.

Get an agent, there are a lot of agents around that will help you get auditions, casting calls etc. This is not the route I went down so I can't give you too much info on that, check it out for yourself though.

Or you could just do what I done and be in the right place at the right time :)

Advertisement