Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting out house - impact on permanent tsb tracker mortgage?

Options
  • 17-09-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

i have my tracker with ptsb, does anyone here have dealings with them as regards renting out their house while having a tracker and did they try and change it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jack77

Actually rang them this morning they said i can stay on the tracker even if i rent the house out and its no longer my private residence and they'll send me this out in writing if i decide to go ahead with it, hope this helps someone out

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭J82

jack77 wrote: »
    Actually rang them this morning they said i can stay on the tracker even if i rent the house out and its no longer my private residence and they'll send me this out in writing if i decide to go ahead with it, hope this helps someone out

Can I ask, did you receive it in writing as promised? ?

I enquired about the same thing and it was indicated to me that I would lose the tracker as the terms of the loan would have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

J82 wrote: »
    Can I ask, did you receive it in writing as promised? ?

I enquired about the same thing and it was indicated to me that I would lose the tracker as the terms of the loan would have changed.

I'm in the same boat. The gist is that they're turning a blind eye to this type of thing once the mortgage is paid. I reckon there's an unwritten acknowledgement that there's a fair few accidental landlords and they've enough battles to wage without opening up another front.

I' d be pleasantly surprised if they acknowledged it in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jack77

the lady i spoke to said once i'm sure i'm going ahead with it to ring them and they'll send it out to me in writing, i'm not ready go ahead with it yet, so havn't looked for it. she didn't make any issue with it at all, said the tracker will remain and they would issue this in writing for my own records

Advertisement