Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! :) PS3 Digital and Disc Copies - Can I swap?

Options
  • 17-09-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Well lads, wondered if you could help me with an issue.

The two brothers have PS3, I have Xbox. Bought an Xbox version and PS3 version of game this morning in Xtra Vision. One bro installed it on PS3 no problem, playing away.

The other bro then decided he wanted it having previously thought he'd wait. Bought the digital version on PSN and has a 40gb fat PS3 and is having the problems everyone seems to be.

My suggestion was, and I wonder is it possible, for the lad with the disc to uninstall the game, give it to the other lad and he install the digital game on his 120gb PS3, no space issues. Anyone got any ideas on this? Can't help but feel terrible for the other bro :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Well lads, wondered if you could help me with an issue.

The two brothers have PS3, I have Xbox. Bought an Xbox version and PS3 version of game this morning in Xtra Vision. One bro installed it on PS3 no problem, playing away.

The other bro then decided he wanted it having previously thought he'd wait. Bought the digital version on PSN and has a 40gb fat PS3 and is having the problems everyone seems to be.

My suggestion was, and I wonder is it possible, for the lad with the disc to uninstall the game, give it to the other lad and he install the digital game on his 120gb PS3, no space issues. Anyone got any ideas on this? Can't help but feel terrible for the other bro :(

he would hav to sign into psn using the other guys logon name password etc to use the digital copy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Dave 101 wrote: »
    he would hav to sign into psn using the other guys logon name password etc to use the digital copy

Aww balls, see when they download the maps for COD and other DLC they can both play them using their own tags - that's what led me to believe this might work, plus i've been reading the game can be installed on two devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Aww balls, see when they download the maps for COD and other DLC they can both play them using their own tags - that's what led me to believe this might work, plus i've been reading the game can be installed on two devices.

it can be installed on 2 devices alright but I think you still hav to be signed in as the user that purchased it (not 100% on this you might wanna look into it a it more)

Advertisement