Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

underfloor heating on/off times

Options
  • 17-09-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

hi lads.i have a 3 zone system in my house,underfloor downstairs,rads upstairs and hw.i have a 3 zone timeclock and the times the uf is set for are
    on 12.30am-off 7.30am
    on 9.00am-off 5.00pm
    on 7.30pm-off 10.30pm
    6 zones on uf all separately controlled by room stats.
    do these on/off times sound right??or should I just leave on constant and let the stats do the rest??currently spending 1900 euro a year on oil,any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

daludo wrote: »
    hi lads.i have a 3 zone system in my house,underfloor downstairs,rads upstairs and hw.i have a 3 zone timeclock and the times the uf is set for are
    on 12.30am-off 7.30am
    on 9.00am-off 5.00pm
    on 7.30pm-off 10.30pm
    6 zones on uf all separately controlled by room stats.
    do these on/off times sound right??or should I just leave on constant and let the stats do the rest??currently spending 1900 euro a year on oil,any opinions?

Was never a lover of UF heating.
    I may be wrong but as far as I know 16 hrs is the recommended running time per day.

Is there a mixing valve fitted on the UF? Mixing Valve should be set to 35 degrees.
    You should also have a room stat in every room.

Good insulation is also required required to prevent as much heat loss as possible.

Advertisement