Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook In The Library

Options
  • 17-09-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Any way to get facebook in the library no? we havent the internet sorted in the house yet and im mad to get on it, cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Depp wrote: »
    Any way to get facebook in the library no? we havent the internet sorted in the house yet and im mad to get on it, cheers.

Sometimes it works in the evening. But it's bad enough in there during the day without people on Facebook to be honest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

And don't be surprised if you can use it one day and it's gone the next. They blocked it last year after a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

stupid enough really...twitter works grand like...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kpjm0501

usually this works just type it this way <removed> that usually isn't blocked unless they have blocked it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭TommiesTank

Depp wrote: »
    stupid enough really...twitter works grand like...

Both should be blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

They blocked both last year I think.

kpjm0501 wrote: »
    usually this works just type it this way <removed> that usually isn't blocked unless they have blocked it this year
    They blocked both last year I think.

Lads, I have edited your posts. Please don't post ways to go around the filter in the library as you would be breaking college rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

<snip>

*Mod warning:I have already asked that any bypasses not be posted here, this is your only warning. Do not do it again.*

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kpjm0501

entropi wrote: »
    Lads, I have edited your posts. Please don't post ways to go around the filter in the library as you would be breaking college rules.

Sorry didn't know it was against the rules. About Facebook though it's not blocked on the laptop so you can conventionally be on it and as memory serves I think they unblock it on the main computer after 5 or 6pm

kpjm0501 wrote: »
    Sorry didn't know it was against the rules. About Facebook though it's not blocked on the laptop so you can conventionally be on it and as memory serves I think they unblock it on the main computer after 5 or 6pm
    No bother, but if it could/will break college rules then one of us will have to step in and say no.

Phones and laptops are usually alright to use, yeah but remember that by using the college network you abide by their rules ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Back in my day it was Bebo flashing across the screens in the 'Library'. Good to see the priorities of library users are the same!

Advertisement