Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install 2nd hand water filtration system?

Options
  • 17-09-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Mother in law gave us a second hand water filtration system that's hardly used as our water doesn't taste good. A guy quoted me €100 to install it, said it would take about 2 hours. Is this a fair price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

what kind of a system is it? where abouts are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

brembo26 wrote: »
    what kind of a system is it? where abouts are you based?

Don't know what system it is. I'll take a picture and post it shortly. I'm in Louth.

Its a PurePro water drinking system model number HF-8367.Also says Reverse Osmosis on the tank.Pics attached

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Okay I wouldn't have a whole lot of knowledge with RO systems, just simpler systems.

The video below is a step by step on how to install it yourself if you would feel up to it. I would add a 1/2 inch T-piece rather than the self piercing valve though. They can be useless from the beginning or just start slowing down over time.

€100 for fitting might be just a little bit expensive.

These systems will have to be maintained also. Replacing the filters will have to be done and the pure water tank can fail over time too.

Thanks for that. Doubt I'll have the confidence or skill to do it myself. Are they expensive to maintain? Does filter have to be changed regularly? Do they need to be serviced regularly? Know nothing about these things, if they're too much hassle I may not even bother. Are they even worth the bother?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Its a reverse osmosis system alright. Looks like a version of the phc system

With the system empty top up the big tank to 0.8 -1bar.

Id check the condition of the osmosis filter. Thats the expensive one.

Sediment and carbon is every year.

The last and osmosis needed to be changed when tds levels raise higher.

Alot of work and a maintenance contact can cost ya 160 a year

Might just sell it on adverts.ie......what might I get for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Thing is if you don't do the maintenance its useless. Does nothing but make ya feel better

Advertisement