Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modules clashing

Options
  • 17-09-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hey lads I'm in my first year in Arts and on my 3 courses I have 11 modules yet at registration all of which I dont think are optional and Some these modules overlap with each other on my timetable. I'm doing Comp. Science German and History and German modules tend to overlap with some Comp science ones time wise.
    Is there anyway I can I find out if I can change times or even find out whether they are elective or not
    cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

So the CS ones aren't elective for sure.
    I'd contact the German department to see which ones aren't optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    So the CS ones aren't elective for sure.
    I'd contact the German department to see which ones aren't optional.

One of my friends is registering tomorrow so I'll pop on up and have a chat tomorrow you dont ahppen to know anything about the history electives do you?
    :confused:

Menelaun wrote: »
    One of my friends is registering tomorrow so I'll pop on up and have a chat tomorrow you dont ahppen to know anything about the history electives do you?

I know even less about history then I do German,
    I think there are more then a few history students on here.

I looked there at my timetable again and it seems that the german speaking elective overlaps witha computer science elective on monday at 4 and german overlaps with history on wednesday at 4 but the german elective overlaps only overlaps in the last hour of the class

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

Modules clashing is a common issue which you will come across in future years also. I'd advise to contact relevant depts, some are accommodating, others not as much. Best of luck in your first year :)

• Advertisement

Karmaa wrote: »
    Modules clashing is a common issue which you will come across in future years also. I'd advise to contact relevant depts, some are accommodating, others not as much. Best of luck in your first year :)

Thanks very much!
    I'll be heading in tomorrow to talk to them and try to work it out!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Unless things have changed this year there are no electives in first year history.

Unless things have changed this year there are no electives in first year history.
    ah sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nessieos

If you go to your choices on the website, they will tell you which module is an elective.

Also CS normally doesn't have electives until final year.

• Advertisement

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Also CS normally doesn't have electives until final year.

Where would I have to ring to find out about sorting this out kinda confused here as what to do

Where would I have to ring to find out about sorting this out kinda confused here as what to do

Call Des Noonan the CS department administrator. He knows all this stuff in and out.
    www.cs.nuim.ie

Thanks Lads I got it all sorted out !

Advertisement