Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Chimney Repair

Options
  • 17-09-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi there

just want some advice on this - I have a 2 story semi detached house built in 50's. I have a chimney which is leaking - there is large damp stain on the bedroom ceiling - water is dripping from this - I have got one builder to look at it - he reckons the flashing is ok - but the chimney has hairline cracks - and he recommends a rebuild from the roof up - the chimney is about 6 foot in height from the roof up - he quoted me 2,800 euro for the full job - including scaffolding basically everything - i will have 2 more builders look at it and see what they quote and say - do you think the quote i have is excessive?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

While not a permanent fix it is a commercial grade product and may give you 10yrs trouble free if the brickwork for the external chimney is the problem. ITs a product called facade cream by Remmers ( i think). Seals the brick work, goes on with the consistency/ colour of a hand cream and dries clear with little or no changing of the brickwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I wouldnt say the quote is excessive but you might get someone alittle nearer 2k

Advertisement