Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tailor made suit

Options
  • 17-09-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get a decent tailor made suit. The issue is my budget is not huge and I have a max of around €500.

I have heard of people sending their measurements off to Asia to get suits made over there, does anyone have any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

Just wondering, did you find a tailor in the end?

I'm in a similar situation now, have a few weddings to attend in the summer, and on the lookout for a decent, affordable tailor.

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 gob666

Theres a great tailor in Thomas St. Reasonable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

There is / was one on Duke Street, or is it South Anne Street? Down the end, near the cheese shop. Abraham's I think.

Don't Moss Bros in Liffey Valley do a tailoring service?

Hackett off Grafton Street have a bespoke service, but be prepared to pay. Same goes for Louis Copeland.

Now are you talking fully bespoke or MTM? I for one would NOT send my measurements off to Asia. You'd be better off buying off the peg and getting it adjusted, or going MTM.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Ninap

Related query: I have a nice (Canali) suit but it's too big for me. Could anyone recommend a good tailor who could adjust it? I'm looking for a fitted, narrow look.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭howman

just wondering if anyone has used Moss Bros? looking at getting a tailor made 3 piece suit circa 500euro, in Cork, willing to travel as choice is limited to say the least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

howman wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone has used Moss Bros? looking at getting a tailor made 3 piece suit circa 500euro, in Cork, willing to travel as choice is limited to say the least

There's Moynihans in Cork, a bespoke tailor:
    7 Parliament st Cork Co. Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I bought a lovely suit in TM Lewins on South Anne street in dublin last sunday. Reduced from €330 to €259 and they are adjusting the trousers for free...said they also offer a service of adjusting the jackets if needs be.

Advertisement