Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick questions RE Trade ins

Options
  • 16-09-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Just completed the new Splinter Cell game, in time to trade it for GTA. The box has been damaged where I stood on it. It doesn't hold a very good seal when it's closed. I've had a look through my other games and apparently don't have a box that will accept two discs, they can be fitted into a regular box though it isn't great.

1. Will they accept this damaged box?

2. Will it hurt the value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

They will accept it, they have tonnes of spare cases. The cases are only worth about a euro. They'll scan it, and give you whatever the computer says. The only way they'll refuse to take it is if the disc is scratched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

They will accept it, they have tonnes of spare cases. The cases are only worth about a euro. They'll scan it, and give you whatever the computer says. The only way they'll refuse to take it is if the disc is scratched.

Thank you.

The only way they'll refuse to take it is if the disc is scratched.

I've seen discs from gamestop so badly scratched that if looks like someone glued it yo the bottom of their shoe and walked on gravel for an hour. Not too long ago I was with a friend who was buying Fallout 3 for the PS3 in gamestop and he didn't ask to see the disc before buying it. I told him to but he assumed it would be fine and after neglecting to take the insurance he left. Took the game off of him to check the disc and it looked like a Jackson Pollock. Brought it straight back in and they told him that there was nothing they could do for him as it had been opened and he refused the insurance. Took about 30 minutes of arguing with the staff before they got the manager and after 10 minutes with him things weren't going much better. Got a refund in the end as I told them that we would stand out front the store and tell everyone coming in how much cheaper HMV Xtravision and Smyths were for games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Reminds me back in the PSX days, a friend rented Future Cop: LAPD - an underrated gem, but that's for another thread- and by the end of that insignificant 24 hours, the disc lay in the bottom of a wicker basket, covered in the hairs of a shedding dog, and....baked beans, only to be returned to Xtra Vision hours later. Amazing what discs go through in a single rental period, let alone their rental life.

Advertisement