Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating hot water and rads separate

Options
  • 16-09-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi, I recently moved into a new house and the boiler wasnt working so the landlard had a new one installed its a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar Ri boiler which is just a regular gas boiler.

The problem is i want to leave the hot water on all the time and then when needed turn on the rads. The only way i can do this now is by going into the press and turing the valves on/off when the heating is required is there a different way to do this with this type of boiler as the control panel dosent have 2 different settings for hot water/rads would i be able to replace this with one that does and then it would work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

kellier180 wrote: »
    Hi, I recently moved into a new house and the boiler wasnt working so the landlard had a new one installed its a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar Ri boiler which is just a regular gas boiler.

The problem is i want to leave the hot water on all the time and then when needed turn on the rads. The only way i can do this now is by going into the press and turing the valves on/off when the heating is required is there a different way to do this with this type of boiler as the control panel dosent have 2 different settings for hot water/rads would i be able to replace this with one that does and then it would work?

You don't need to change boiler. The valves can be changed to motorized valves and control with a multiple channel time clock. Room stats can also be fitted to help cut running costs.

Advertisement