Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show me how to set up a blog

Options
  • 16-09-2013 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Anyone out there familiar (as in experienced) with setting up a blog ?
    I need someone to show me how to set one up , before I lose the will ...
    please don't suggest online tutorials, tried & failed :)

Please PM me if you can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

tiz pretty simple :)
    blogger.com

go sign up there and then come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Connie19

Thanks 0rt , but I should have mentioned in my previous post that I want to use 'Wordpress '

I need someone to show me how to use it and put it together
    please don't suggest online tutorials, tried & failed smile.png

ahh ive never used wordpress
    im sure its handy enough tho..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiov0L4blIw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Wordpress is pretty simple, I recently setup a local business online with it. Initial setup comes from whoever you use for hosting, I used blacknight but some others are "wordpress friendly" and what that means is you log into your account, click install wordpress app and it literally does it for you. Then you go to say www.myblog.com/wordpress enter your username and password and off you go.

If your really stuck let me know and I'll see if I can do more for you.

Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

Are you looking to start up a real pro blog, e.g. for a business, or just for your own personal use? I've had a personal blog on Wordpress for the past couple years, so I could help you with the basics.

Thanks Doylers & saintchrisburg I'm setting it up for a business there are so many templates etc. its a bit confusing as to how they all work, I want it to have a really pro look that I can add to over time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Once you've got a "base install" you can easily upload new themes / templates and switch them around.

There are thousands of "free" templates / themes out there, but you might want to look at one of the professional ones - they vary in price, but generally are maintained and updated

If its for a business and you want the blog to be called.. www.conniesbuisness.com for example, first you will need to buy the domain name (thats the conniesbuisness.com) and then you will need to pay for somewhere for it to be hosted..

You can get both of these things via a number of suppling companies. e.g.
    www.hostingireland.ie
    www.blacknight.com
    www.spiralhosting.ie

or you could go with international hosting companies, but its always nice to keep things local :)

Once you sign up for your domain name and hosting they will email you with the relative information to log into your control panel.
    from there you should see a wordpress icon on the page.. click it and it will install wordpress and use it as the default page / database for the website.

From there you are given the option of what you want to do with it, install themes, get everything setup etc..
    Do you have a company logo etc made up?

Alternately, you could pay someone to do everything for you.

0rt , how much would it cost to get someone to do it (set up the blog) for me ?
    hosting etc is sorted I just need to get the blog up and running

• Advertisement

ill pm you

Advertisement