Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a bookie close/limit my account

Options
  • 16-09-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Have tried a few arbs there and making a few quid each time. Not going to retire on it or anything but I like the idea of a risk free bet.
    Been putting on between £20 and £80 a time, a total of £100 across both sides of the bet in multiples of £10 to make it look less obvious.
    Have taken out some of my 'vast' profits via laying in betfair so I have never made a withdrawel from a bookie, only ever deposits so I should look like a sucker punter in their eyes. I'm down on all my bookie accounts.
    My question is if I were to start to get greedy and up this to say £200 across both sides would bookies get sus and limit me or be happy that I am losing money consistently in their eyes and leave me on my merry way?
    Or even as things are, where I have no more than 2 or 3 bets with any one bookie in a single week, I always appear to lose , will they let me be if I don't change anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The bigger the bets the more they will look at them
    Just because you are losing to a bookie does not mean they won't limit you.
    It depends if you are backing with them all the time at highest price and/or Betfair arb.
    Got 2 accounts closed for continually backing best prices with the bookies.
    Couldn't understand why they did that?
    If they didn't want people backing the events at best prices, why not just cut the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

So sounds like it would do no harm to throw in the odd random punt on an average price and lay it on betfair to stay off their radar?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

lay it on betfair to stay off their radar

If it's arb, the alarm bells will still ring.

Advertisement