Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Power Steering on a 2006 Diesel Audi A3

Options
  • 16-09-2013 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently bought a 1.9tdi Audi A3, 2006.
    The car is immaculate except one thing; the power steering.
    It has the electrical, mechanical power steering which basically means, the faster you go the steering stiffens, but is very light steering to begin with.

I have found then if i was slowing down and going around a corner the steering would loosen up abruptly which can be annoying because you could turn the wheel more than you should with the same pressure applied. Basically, the steering isn't smooth, it is loose and needs to be held onto ver tightly.
    I don't trust it going around corners, once it spun out of control on me. I just don't trust the steering anymore and i'm nervous driving it in wet/slippy conditions because it has a mind of it's own sometimes.
    Car has new tyres etc and is mechanically sound 100% other than this.
    Just wondering has anyone else got similar problems with this model?Or do I have a electric problem with mine.
    I've driven other cars with this smart steer and never had this problem with them.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You say it has new tyres but what brand are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭jenjoeful

They are Goodrich on the front (brand new)
    And CS Sport on the back (few months old but still good)

Advertisement