Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ups routes

Options
  • 16-09-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

Hi lads. Just following the tracking if a package I ordered from Amazon and was shipped by ups. It was shipped from england to Germany. Prob a main depot and was then shipped to Dublin.

Then 40 mins later its displayed as it was in Shannon.

Surely ups don't fly a plane from Dublin to Shannon. When they ship the bulk of there stuff to Germany for further dispatch

Maybe a pilot is aware if ups fly a plane from dub to Shannon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Fabio

I would have thought a UPS truck would take it from Shannon to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Fabio wrote: »
    I would have thought a UPS truck would take it from Shannon to Dublin?

A truck wouldn't make it down in that time frame

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

Dont quote me on this, but I'm nearly sure that there used to be (probably not any more) and evening flight from SNN -DUB and then onto the main UPS European depot in either Frankfurt or Brussels.

Now that I think about it that could have been a DHL flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

There is a cargo flight that lands every morning from Dublin, around 5.30am Monday-Friday. It departs back to Dublin again that same evening around 7pm. It's operated by Maersk Air, a Boeing 767, and is used to ship UPS parcels.

There is also a flight from Paris to Shannon via Cork with FedEx and a flight from East Midlands with Eurotrans (operating for DHL) around the same times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Fabio

adam88 wrote: »
    A truck wouldn't make it down in that time frame

Didnt read your post properly sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

There is a cargo flight that lands every morning from Dublin, around 5.30am Monday-Friday. It departs back to Dublin again that same evening around 7pm. It's operated by Maersk Air, a Boeing 767, and is used to ship UPS parcels.

There is also a flight from Paris to Shannon via Cork with FedEx and a flight from East Midlands with Eurotrans (operating for DHL) around the same times.

A flight from cork to Shannon. Ha they'd hardly be up in the air when they'd be back down again lol

A flight from cork to Shannon. Ha they'd hardly be up in the air when they'd be back down again lol

Thats very true indeed. But its done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭tosspot15

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Airport#Cargo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Airport#Cargo

Yes it does appear to go from Dublin to Shannon. UPS is operated by Star/Maersk.

Its not uncommon for flights to go to shannon after dublin. I think some aer lingus flights to the US do this also.

No Aer Lingus flight anymore doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Star Air/Maersk operate B762F SNN-DUB-CGN for UPS

Air Contractors operate ATR42F SNN-ORK-CDG for Fedex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 hardy buck salmon

Hi lads. Just following the tracking if a package I ordered from Amazon and was shipped by ups. It was shipped from england to Germany. Prob a main depot and was then shipped to Dublin.

Then 40 mins later its displayed as it was in Shannon.

Surely ups don't fly a plane from Dublin to Shannon. When they ship the bulk of there stuff to Germany for further dispatch

Maybe a pilot is aware if ups fly a plane from dub to Shannon

Think mine was on the same flight. Left Dublin at 5:33 and arrived in Shannon at 6:12. Out for delivery as of 8:55.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Think mine was on the same flight. Left Dublin at 5:33 and arrived in Shannon at 6:12. Out for delivery as of 8:55.

Are you sure? Adam88's query was from 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hardy buck salmon

GBX wrote: »
    Are you sure? Adam88's query was from 2013

Oh, that's fairly embarrassing. Completely wrong thread. Apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Happens to us all :D

Advertisement