Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about AIB Card Reader and changing ATM PIN Number

Options
  • 15-09-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I already have setup my AIB Card Reader. If I change my ATM pin number, do I have to setup my card reader again?

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

No, you just use your new ATM PIN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How will the card reader know the PIN is changed?
    Sure then you can enter in any four digits as a PIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Providing you've changed it at an ATM, it'll work (as opposed to getting a new PIN in the post, whereby you'd need to synch it by popping it into an ATM).

Afaiu, the card reader simply checks to see if the PIN on the card is the PIN you've typed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Cheers guys.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

snubbleste wrote: »
    It doesn't need to know. All it does is verify that the correct PIN has been used for the card that's inserted. Anyone can use anyone else's card reader with their own card once they enter the PIN that's associated with their card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

snubbleste wrote: »

The Pin is stored on the card.

Advertisement