Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing motor from Triton T90si

Options
  • 15-09-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

I need to replace the unit's brushes.

I've sourced replacement brushes for the motor and I've watched the showerdoctor vid. However, I can't find any info on removing the motor from the unit.

Does the motor come off leaving the pump part in place (ie no plumbing needed) or does the whole thing have to come off, necessitating shutting off the water and hoping I can get the joint tightened properly when I reassemble.

I am death to plumbing fittings. :)

Many thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

If you have no isolation valve then removal of the inlet filter will stop the water, the inlet filter can be located below the pump motor, you remove the pump assembly complete from the filter (2 screws on the u shaped clamp).
    Be sure to bleed the pump on reconnection (small plastic knob at side of impeller housing).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 brahms10

If you have no isolation valve then removal of the inlet filter will stop the water, the inlet filter can be located below the pump motor, you remove the pump assembly complete from the filter (2 screws on the u shaped clamp).
    Be sure to bleed the pump on reconnection (small plastic knob at side of impeller housing).

Many thanks Billy.

Does that mean I don't have to shut off the mains water supply (There's no isolation valve)? Also, from what you say, it looks like there are no plumbing joints to be remade - two screws and that's it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

brahms10 wrote: »
    Many thanks Billy.

Does that mean I don't have to shut off the mains water supply (There's no isolation valve)? Also, from what you say, it looks like there are no plumbing joints to be remade - two screws and that's it?
    Your shower is not connected to the mains it's connected to the tank.As billy said screw out filter that isolates water in shower.Be careful taking apart and refitting as there are small o rings that deal everything and if they slip you'll have water everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 12 brahms10

Robbie.G wrote: »
    Your shower is not connected to the mains it's connected to the tank.As billy said screw out filter that isolates water in shower.Be careful taking apart and refitting as there are small o rings that deal everything and if they slip you'll have water everywhere

Great, thanks Robbie. :)

Advertisement