Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant find emobile network

Options
  • 15-09-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have a nokia 6090 GSM900 in car phone. The problem is it will not pick up the emobile (meteor) network when I do a search, it will however pick up Vodafone and 02. I can take the same sim put it in an old nokia 6310 and it works fine, so there are no issues with network coverage. I also have a second 6090 which is only used in the west (where strength is a big issue) and that works fine with the same sim….am I missing something here ? (I am aware that Vodafone have some roaming agreement with meteor in certain parts of the west, but when I use the same card in the west the provider is always listed as eircell , I’m sure this has no relevance to the issue in hand)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pearse123

ianmaxtec wrote: »
    I have a nokia 6090 GSM900 in car phone. The problem is it will not pick up the emobile (meteor) network when I do a search, it will however pick up Vodafone and 02. I can take the same sim put it in an old nokia 6310 and it works fine, so there are no issues with network coverage. I also have a second 6090 which is only used in the west (where strength is a big issue) and that works fine with the same sim….am I missing something here ? (I am aware that Vodafone have some roaming agreement with meteor in certain parts of the west, but when I use the same card in the west the provider is always listed as eircell , I’m sure this has no relevance to the issue in hand)

Hi, would you have any idea where I would get a handset and cradle for a Nokia 6090.. kids unfortunatly broke the one I have in the van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Emobile/Meteor operate a mostly 1800MHz network, so a single band 900MHz phone won't see the Emobile/Meteor network where they don't have 900MHz in use.

Vodafone and O2 on the other hand half a good mixture of both - although you might struggle in urban areas with them too.

EDIT: Didn't notice the two month old OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pearse123

Kensington wrote: »
    Emobile/Meteor operate a mostly 1800MHz network, so a single band 900MHz phone won't see the Emobile/Meteor network where they don't have 900MHz in use.

Vodafone and O2 on the other hand half a good mixture of both - although you might struggle in urban areas with them too.

EDIT: Didn't notice the two month old OP!

is 900mhz here to stay or will it be gone and replaced completely.
    I mean is it worth fixing an old 900mhz phone . Ie: Nokia 6090.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ianmaxtec

Thanks for the reply. I suspected as much. I still however use a 6090 in the west, and although I am on emobile, they have some deal with vodafone (eircell) as I am let use the (087) network in certain areas where there is no 900mhz emobile coverage. If i use the phone in dublin its 02 or vodafone, and thats it. I can only presume that the old 900 GSM will in time be switched off, and then my SUPER nokia 6090 will end up as a door jam, shame because the reception on the phone is faultless (in areas where it works) On a different note are there class 1 3G and 4G phones available ?(external aerial, corded type phones)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ianmaxtec

Pearse123, you can get cradles and spoares for the 6090 on ebay, i see them there all the time, in fact I recently came accross a complete 6090 new in the box

• Advertisement
Advertisement