Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance queries

Options
  • 15-09-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

1) a policy holder with 2 named drivers is eligible to drive other cars (that is only the policy holder?) and has min 3rd party cover for driving other cars?

2) my daughter has just passed her test and has a car - she wants to insure it and drive it along with her mother (mother has been a named driver on my insurance for 20 years but never had own policy)
    Who's best to insurance this car,mother or daughter?

3) I have been trying to do some online quotes for my daughter with mother as a named driver but can't get any - some say unable to give quote please phone them or others say ' 'Your vehicle profile does not meet our New Business Underwriting criteria for this channel. These criteria could be for reasons such as Vehicle performance, modifications, value.'
    What does this mean? The problem seems to be the car?? its a 2002 nissan micra 998cc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

1. If the cert permits then the policyholder may drive other vehicles not owned or leased by them third party. Check the cert.

2. If your daughter owns the car she should insure the car. The main user and owner should be documented as the policyholder.
    3. There could be any reason, call them and ask.

Advertisement