Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridge Bar & Bistro Dublin 2 closed - temporary?

Options
  • 15-09-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

My wife and I made an effort after TED Talks at the grand canal theatre to have dinner here, but were saddened to see a closed notice posted on the door. I thought it was top rated and doing well, so I'm wondering what happened. I checked the food safety reports online and didn't see anything.

The sign says that it is closed until further notice (the usual wording) for "reasons beyond their control." Anyone know? The two previous dinners I ate here were excellent with very friendly service so I hope it re-open.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You're much more likely to get helpful replies here in the Dublin City forum

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Where is it never heard of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Apparently Dennis O'Brien bought the building recently and issued proceedings for rent arrears. Think it was in the business post or sunday times last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

wowy wrote: »
    Apparently Dennis O'Brien bought the building recently and issued proceedings for rent arrears. Think it was in the business post or sunday times last week.

Bet it's a Wetherspoons some day soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I follow the couple who were only recently made chefs there (Gywn and Morris). Apparently they're hoping that the restaurant owner will find a new spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Lux23 wrote: »
    Bet it's a Wetherspoons some day soon!

There are rumours Wetherspoons have purchased Tonic in Blackrock.

But they are supposed to be looking at places in the city centre.

Cant decide whether it is a good thing or a bad thing. One of the great things about Dublin nightlife vs the UK is that it isn't proliferated with chain bars. Most city centres in the UK are just carbon copies of one another. I guess 3 or 4 Wetherspoons dotted across Dublin wouldn't create issues. But would hate to see it set a precedent for other chains to move in and start turning the nightime economy into a clone town of every other big UK city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

dudara wrote: »
    I follow the couple who were only recently made chefs there (Gywn and Morris). Apparently they're hoping that the restaurant owner will find a new spot.
    Did they end up finding a new location?

Advertisement