Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheelin fishing?

Options
  • 15-09-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering is there any truth about Sheelin been covered in algae again and is it as bad as people say .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Yeah was there start of September
    Its green.......
    Awful...
    No mention in the reports.....

madred006 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering is there any truth about Sheelin been covered in algae again and is it as bad as people say .

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

fisherking wrote: »
    Yeah was there start of September
    Its green.......
    Awful...
    No mention in the reports.....

Yes I checked reports and no mention of it at all and was on Lene yesterday and heard it is very bad , you would imagine that it would be mentioned in reports ,then again ms Montgomery writes them.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

With the low water and lack of rain the dreaded green is back. And back quite bad. Of course you won't hear about it in those silly reports. Plenty of poetry and the like but not much truth about the not so nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Salmonman

Is it affecting the fishing,heading up there for the oct 5th comp
    Always look forward to that comp

Flysfisher wrote: »
    With the low water and lack of rain the dreaded green is back. And back quite bad. Of course you won't hear about it in those silly reports. Plenty of poetry and the like but not much truth about the not so nice things.

Agree totally with you there she has a tendency to view it with rose tinted glasses , I'd say that it's not really fish able at the moment be interesting to see if the competition goes ahead on the 4 th .

• Advertisement

Salmonman wrote: »
    Is it affecting the fishing,heading up there for the oct 5th comp
    Always look forward to that comp

Well I spoke with a few on Saturday who went to fish it but left it and came to Lene , as they said it wasn't in any state to fish .The competition will probably go ahead regardless .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Any updates on the state of the algae?

I was hoping to get up and do some end of season fishing but it looks like I'd be wasting my time.

Bw

Bogwoppit wrote: »

I was hoping to get up and do some end of season fishing but it looks like I'd be wasting my time.

Bw

Was in same position and had intended to fish comp on 5th but doesn't look like it's getting any better from what I heard today .

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

Bogwoppit wrote: »

Bw

Water clarity has improved but fishing very slow, yes the odd one being caught and there the ones you wil see on the reports, but the truth is for the amount of rods on the lough fishing is poor at the moment.

Fished there at the week end in competition and water was clear.
    240 anglers fished with only around 60 fish weight in
    Fishing was tough and most fish seem to be caught out in middle

• Advertisement

Fished there at the week end in competition and water was clear.
    240 anglers fished with only around 60 fish weight in
    Fishing was tough and most fish seem to be caught out in middle

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

is it pike you're looking for ?

No it was a trout comp

No it was a trout comp

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Salmonman wrote: »
    No it was a trout comp

Do you post everything twice?