Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cistern continues to push water to toilet bowl

Options
  • 14-09-2013 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Some advice would be appreciated. The cistern is one where you push the button on top. When the toilet flushes the cistern then starts to fill but water continues to flow slightly into the bowl. It seems to stop once cistern fills again. Would like to stop it as dont want to be wasting water. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Hey folks
    Some advice would be appreciated. The cistern is one where you push the button on top. When the toilet flushes the cistern then starts to fill but water continues to flow slightly into the bowl. It seems to stop once cistern fills again. Would like to stop it as dont want to be wasting water. Any ideas?

Thanks

The flusher is not sitting down properly, if you press the button you should find there is no restriction/back pressure on the button. I have the same problem from time to time. I normally just keep pressing the button until I feel a restriction, which is the flusher pushing against the button. I find it happens if the button is released slowly after flushing causing the flusher inside not to sit down properly to seal against the rubber on the cistern outlet.

Advertisement