Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Premiership Manager to get the boot

Options
  • 14-09-2013 6:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine very close to the Swansea City set up reckons that Laudrup is on thin ice and despite last seasons success could be vulnerable to an early season bye bye. He's 8/1 at moment so I put a tenner on for the interest.

It's early days yet for them all but the Directors usually start panicking in October if there are low points on the board.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What's the odds for Pelligrini?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Steve Clarke could be in for a hard time this Autumn, the fixture list isn't terrible kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Di canio

Sunderland are notorious for giving managers (too much IMO) time under Ellis Short. Bruce went through a couple of 10 + game winless runs and O'Neill was horrendous for about a year and yet both hung on while numerous other managers got the boot.

He may well walk if he doesn't get his own way, but I think there'll be one or two gone before him if he does get the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Sunderland are notorious for giving managers (too much IMO) time under Ellis Short. Bruce went through a couple of 10 + game winless runs and O'Neill was horrendous for about a year and yet both hung on while numerous other managers got the boot.

He may well walk if he doesn't get his own way, but I think there'll be one or two gone before him if he does get the boot.

Surprised that he was the first one given the boot but a good move for the club IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 TimmyMcLoire69

by jasus laudrups the besht man there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Martin Jol must be a banker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wonder is the 'no more managers to leave' into the just-about-possible category now? There's obviously a sweet spot each season where you can clean up on this bet but I suspect it may be a bit early yet. Would be surprised if Mackay for one lasts the season.

Advertisement