Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUS eligibility

Options
  • 14-09-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

i recently finished a fas course. will i be ineligible for tus for 12 subsequent months? i have been unemployed and signing on for 12 months before starting the course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

You have to be picked for Tus, it's not a voluntary programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭lauraelaine

would do no harm to express your interest though! there is also internships, a bit similar to tus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maggie_Pot

the question is whether I am eligible to be picked up?

To be eligible to participate in the Tús scheme you must:
    •Have been continuously unemployed for at least 12 months and "signing on" on a full-time basis; and
    •Have been receiving a jobseeker's payment (Jobseeker's Benefit or Jobseeker's Allowance) from the Department of Social Protection for at least 12 months; and
    •Be currently receiving Jobseeker's Allowance.

yes I see, not looking likely!
    however, my partner did two fas courses one straight after the other! if you have any interest in doing another of those!?

although after looking at my last post it doesn't say for the ''last'' 12 months.. so maybe..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Maggie_Pot

i do hope someone knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 41,041 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Have Tus contacted you?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ravenelli

As far as I am aware you can go from TUS to CE but not the other way. The DSP would encourage you to progress to a CE scheme, as this would have a training allowance included in it!

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ravenelli

You would be eligible to go on it after the FAS course - although the Tus scheme is based on a random selection by the DSP!

Advertisement