Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student grant HELP please !!!!

Options
  • 14-09-2013 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi, I need some advice on returning to college. my partner currently claims for me as a qualified adult on his JS claim. I would like to know can I apply for student grant and remain on his claim as qualified adult? it would not be financially possible for me to go back to college otherwise as the BTEA would not cover expenses. cant find an answer to this question online anywhere so any answers or advice would be great thanks!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Yes you can so e can keep claiming for whatever he gets at te moment.

the grant goes on income from the previous year so depends on your total income for that year. Iknow if it was only social welfare you get a higher rate.

also if the collage is more than 45km from the collage you get an even higher rate.

You get your fees paid for and also get a monthly payment for 9 months.

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9552/grant-levels/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭lauraelaine

thank you so much!! :)

Advertisement