Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

balbriggan to drumcondra

Options
  • 14-09-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Im moving to Dublin from Galway to begin a new job in Drumcondra, will be staying in Balbriggan just wondering if anyone knows the best way to commute between these places without a car? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,573 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Bus Eireann route 101, which serves Drumcondra - just check with the driver where they stop.

Timetable is here:http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1350055095-101.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Cheapest is the train and a walk.sometimes going home the bus is full and won't stop.so my son says.he gave up on the bus and gets the train as at least he knows he will get on and not be left standing in the rain .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

cathy01 wrote: »
    Cheapest is the train and a walk.sometimes going home the bus is full and won't stop.so my son says.he gave up on the bus and gets the train as at least he knows he will get on and not be left standing in the rain .

Cheapest is the bus, get a 30 day rambler or T90, so's you can get a bus out of Drumcondra (33/41/16 and change in Santry to a 33 or at the Airport to a 33(from a 41) for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,573 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Cheapest is the bus, get a 30 day rambler or T90, so's you can get a bus out of Drumcondra (33/41/16 and change in Santry to a 33 or at the Airport to a 33(from a 41) for free.

The poor guy would also lose the will to live - imagine how long his commute would be every day using the 33 to/from Balbriggan.

I don't think that is a realistic option.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

Or he could get the train to Connolly and then a train to Drumcondra.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Cheapest is the train and a walk.
    Cheapest is the bus

Cheapest is bike;)

And to be clear I do know a few who do this, or indeed commute from even further out by bike (although I tend to head straight in from Skerries in the morning I'll often cycle back via Balbriggan on an evening)

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but worth considering, particularly for someone who has, or wants, a healthy lifestyle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

It's been a long time since I saw people left behind at the bus stop. Since they've introduced the 101X the normal 101 is much better. And they put on extra services in peak times during college terms to handle the extra passengers. I have even picked it up in santry or swords with no trouble. AFAIK the 101 picks up at quinns pub.

As another said the other option is train to connolly and then the maynooth train and get off in drumcondra

Don't get the 33 unless you want to spend half your life on a bus trip all around north county Dublin!

Advertisement