Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nett disposable income (NDA)

Options
  • 14-09-2013 7:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

Hi,

We've to fill out TSBs household cashflow forms for a mortgage application and it says we should have €2500 nett disposable income.

Presumably this inclues bills /savings etc? I.e lets say we earn €4K per month as a couple after tax. The max mortgage payment permitted would be €1.5K per month and the remaining 2.5k covers food/bills/savings/car etc? Or are they expecting us to have €2.5K NDA after paying mortgage and car/bills/food?? Surely not?! If I had that I'd be a happy boy!!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

When I was getting my mortgage it was (salary + other income) - (taxes + fixed monthly outgoings).

For me my other imcome was rent from a lodger and they only allowed a percentage of that. They also included the management fee I would be paying under fixed monthly outgoings if I was successful in getting the mortgage as this would be a fair chunk of money too

That was five years ago though so you're best asking the bank how they calculate it, they may have different rules or preferences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Worriedmind

So is it (money in) - (money out + mortgage) should equal 2.5k.

Or

(money in) - (mortgage) should equal 2.5k in order to cover other money out (bills/recreation etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

So is it (money in) - (money out + mortgage) should equal 2.5k.

Or

(money in) - (mortgage) should equal 2.5k in order to cover other money out (bills/recreation etc)

It's more the second one approx. the household expenditure form (HEF) takes into account income less living expenses less mortgage and guideline is you need a minimum €400 financial cushion left over. The €2.5k is more their old way of assessing applications and the guideline is that after the stressed mortgage repayment is deducted from net income you should have €2.5k to live on but as I said its the HEF form they look more closely at nowadays. Did you get a HEF form to complete?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Worriedmind

Thanks for that. Yeah we have a HEF to complete.

On the basis of that it appears that we have €1000 left every month after paying a mortgage/savings/bills/transport etc etc. but in reality we never do have 1000 left! So there's something missing although I can't think what! I've only been spending cash the last 6 months so It's hard to try to pinpoint where it goes!

As we're currently living with parents i fing the whole HEF thing complete nonsense ass it's all purely guesswork. How am i supposed to know how much i'm going to spend on bins/ESB/gas etc in a house I haven't even picked yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Thanks for that. Yeah we have a HEF to complete.

On the basis of that it appears that we have €1000 left every month after paying a mortgage/savings/bills/transport etc etc. but in reality we never do have 1000 left! So there's something missing although I can't think what! I've only been spending cash the last 6 months so It's hard to try to pinpoint where it goes!

As we're currently living with parents i fing the whole HEF thing complete nonsense ass it's all purely guesswork. How am i supposed to know how much i'm going to spend on bins/ESB/gas etc in a house I haven't even picked yet?!

Your ptsb Advisor is supposed to help you to complete the HEF to ensure the figures are realistic particularly as you live at home, are a first time buyer and may not be aware of the likely amounts of the expenses to be incurred..

• Advertisement
Advertisement