Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Noises In Canada

Options
  • 13-09-2013 11:22pm

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here it is anyway.

Strange noises in Canada, but reported elsewhere in the world including Europe.

Some scientist tries to tell us it's electro magnetism ? how can electro magnetism make noise ? anyway freaky stuff !

Having said that the Earth's magnetic field is going through a flip of some sort, maybe some truth in it ? but how the hell can electro magnetism make such noise ?

Or maybe it's something else ? freaky or what ? I'm afraid to go to bed now and it's Friday the 13th, maybe I should wait until midnight and then it will be the 14th ! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

At the minute, theres just so many very dodgy videos based on the same idea, that I haven't got off the fence. It's interesting - although its very easy to fake (which makes it easier to dismiss)

Having said that the Earth's magnetic field is going through a flip of some sort
    that happens every 11 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

It's just someone with a stereo playing the BBC sound effects record

maccored wrote: »

Isn't there something else that happened ? The full flip of north and south ? Meaning in a few hundred years more or less the compas will point south.

Whatever the 11 year thing is I don't know ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 lostpas5235

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cycle

The 11 year cycle is the sun's magnetic field. The Earth's field changes over 100,000s of years.

Ah yes, I know about the Sun, but the earth's magnetic field changes and the flip is a much slower process.

Speaking about the sun, it's thought to influence the Earth's magnetic field, and it's going through a very extended inactive period, Possibly approaching the maunder Minimum type of inactivity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum

Though how this could make noise like in the videos is anyone's guess, I don't think it's a hoax but there could be some unknown phenomenon that can't be explained.

my problem with it is that theres only youtube videos to support the idea of strange unknown noises from the sky (or the earth). Granted, just because something can be replicated doesnt mean it cant happen - but the point is, the only proof so far are online videos, and anyone can manipulate video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Isn't there something else that happened ? The full flip of north and south ? Meaning in a few hundred years more or less the compas will point south.

Whatever the 11 year thing is I don't know ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_shift_hypothesis maybe?

• Advertisement

my problem with it is that theres only youtube videos to support the idea of strange unknown noises from the sky (or the earth). Granted, just because something can be replicated doesnt mean it cant happen - but the point is, the only proof so far are online videos, and anyone can manipulate video.

Sure youtube videos can be manipulated, but I don't think the videos are fake, It's even been in the local news in certain areas, I think most people shoot video on their mobiles and upload straight to youtube. But sure anything is possible.

I think there are mainly youtube videos because of the ease of which people can get their videos on to the web.

I'm sure it could be proved if the sound is fake.

Just because someone says the videos are fake do you believe it ? where's the proof ?

Sure maybe the Kiev one is fake, however even while the people walking did not appear to hear anything, if you hear something long enough you'll tend to get on with it. I mean they were hardly going to stand still pointing at the sky for however long the sound was there ?

But at the end he tries to say that one is real or the most convincing as to try make us believe he knows what he's talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

It's just kids ripping off "Red State" by Kevin Smith. *Spoilers* In the film a group of Evangelical nutcases are convinced the rapture has begun only to have it later revealed that the noises came from a group of students who wanted to mess with said Evangelical nutcases.
    It's creepy ambient music being played through a very large speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Sounds like the war of worlds sound!

As Ive already stated, Im still on the fence about it. Videos on youtube wouldn't exactly be the clincher now to be honest.

Just because someone says the videos are fake do you believe it ? where's the proof ?

Sure maybe the Kiev one is fake, however even while the people walking did not appear to hear anything, if you hear something long enough you'll tend to get on with it. I mean they were hardly going to stand still pointing at the sky for however long the sound was there ?

But at the end he tries to say that one is real or the most convincing as to try make us believe he knows what he's talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Frack

Hmmm.... kind of sounds like a waterphone in the 3rd video. I listened to the first one - the czech republic clip - and it seems that the microphone on the camcorder wasnt picking up the bass frequencies of the movement of the camera or the general ambience but the unknown sound had a lot more low end in it. So I think its someone having a bit of fun. Really fookin creepy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Some say it's the sound's of Gods angels blowing the final trumpets of armegeddon....

It's just a theory thrown out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Related to the Seneca Guns?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seneca_guns

Related to the Seneca Guns?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seneca_guns

The sound if far different than booms though.

But I've seen videos that had booms too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

For some reason I feel like the explanation that it is some sort of magnetic event in the Ionosphere probably is the closer to the mark rather then Angels blowing on trumpets, but it shall remain paranormal until we fully understand such noises!

the Ionosphere is an interesting thing. theres a theory it could explain evps, as in a signal gets trapped in it, is jaunted round the world and then randomly dumped. If its dumped near enough to a tape recorder or recording device, then you'll get an 'evp'.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

god farting??

well it could be

fryup wrote: »
    god farting??

well it could be

Indeed you should hear me after a good vindaloo and onion bajahi mixed with a few beers!

Advertisement