Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large diaphragm condenser microphone

Options
  • 13-09-2013 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Wondering if anybody can recommend me a decent large diaphragm condenser microphone, nothing crazy pricey. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

have a look at the SE electronics range. they start in and around the 200 range as far as i remember.

http://www.seelectronics.com/se-microphones/large-diaphragm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

When it comes to LDCs - you really get what you pay for. I've never had much confidence in the off-the-shelf low-cost LDCs. There are modded versions of these that perform much better, so if you want to go low, then maybe consider getting one of these instead. I have plenty of SDCs but no LDCs and I need at least one - but I've opted to wait and save up for the big kahuna.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭auti

You should check out some of the Russian built Oktava mics (avoid the Chinese built ones). I have a matched pair of MK012s and a MK319, they sound really really good IMO and punch well above their weight! I have used them on vocals, drums, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, strings ensembles, choral ensembles, brass, piano, percussion as well as a ton of other sources and they have always performed remarkably well!

Big thumbs up for Oktava.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Bluebirdstudios

The SE range is good value for bunk as said by other posters. I used them ahead of mic's costing many factors of their price. It's not clear what you want the mic for. But some heads go for large diaphragm capsules when many smaller capsules could prove to be a better general purpose mic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

I got an SE 2200a II from Thomann last year & it's excellent. Great bang for your buck.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/se_electronics_se_2200a_ii.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement