Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone following the Rabo coverage online?

Options
  • 13-09-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

God, has anyone seen the Rabo You Tube channel. Almost live coverage of all games. Think the 6 nations do it too. Be great if other sports caught on. No frills either and don't have to pay :)

http://www.youtube.com/rabodirectpro12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

God, has anyone seen the Rabo You Tube channel. Almost live coverage of all games. Think the 6 nations do it too. Be great if other sports caught on. No frills either and don't have to pay :)

http://www.youtube.com/rabodirectpro12

It's not live, it's post-match clips, which in fairness they whip up pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rugbylovers

Yeah, not live but they had a try up last week a minute after it was scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

They get clips of the big moments in games (tries, penalties, controversial incidents etc) up pretty quick during the game and then follow up with full match reports etc.

If they combined all of the full match reports into a single video then as well you'd have a class highlights show for each round.

Great idea. A Match of the Day style vid. Anyway, just thought i'd alert any rugby fans because I think its quality. Travelling a lot at the weekends so great I can follow it.,

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I would love an online delivery method for coverage of the competition. I would happily buy a "Season Ticket" for the Rabo and stream it from their servers... I wonder how many other people would?

• Advertisement

I would love an online delivery method for coverage of the competition. I would happily buy a "Season Ticket" for the Rabo and stream it from their servers... I wonder how many other people would?

I would. TBH I wouldn't mind paying to watch rugby live, because the quality is much better than dodgy internet streams. But the only legit rugby in the major nations is via TV AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

NFL have GamePass which is pretty successful and by all accounts worth the money if you're a football fanatic. I like that it has a number of options at different price points too.

It's definitely something the Pro 12 could look at and adapt although it would have to ensure that matches like Zebre v Connacht are definitely getting coverage which would only be a good thing. As it stands now I think their youtube account is pretty good, they provide great coverage on it.

Following it tonight and it is super, check out this inventive try for the Italians http://youtu.be/IgLL1q_cg4I

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Teferi wrote: »
    NFL have GamePass which is pretty successful and by all accounts worth the money if you're a football fanatic. I like that it has a number of options at different price points too.

It's definitely something the Pro 12 could look at and adapt although it would have to ensure that matches like Zebre v Connacht are definitely getting coverage which would only be a good thing. As it stands now I think their youtube account is pretty good, they provide great coverage on it.

Gamepass is stupendous, but only works outside the States. There would be a similar problem with rugby - they can probably only stream things where there isn't a conflict with TV rights.

I'd happily pay them to let me stream high quality live versions of the games though!

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Gamepass is stupendous, but only works outside the States. There would be a similar problem with rugby - they can probably only stream things where there isn't a conflict with TV rights.

I'd happily pay them to let me stream high quality live versions of the games though!

You may have some luck for Switzerland. There's a legal site called livesport.tv which I know is doing the RC. They might well do HEC and 6N etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 robharr2

Great tip, thanks very much. Looking forward to Sky taking over Celtic League coverage and drawing it all together.

It was good tonight. Actually kind of cool watching the main parts from all games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭OldRio

robharr2 wrote: »
    Great tip, thanks very much. Looking forward to Sky taking over Celtic League coverage and drawing it all together.

Yes I'm really looking forward to paying for something I get free now.

OldRio wrote: »
    Yes I'm really looking forward to paying for something I get free now.

I live in England. RTE/ TG4 geoblock the games between the provinces and against the Italian teams. Most people with half an interest have Sky for the Heineken Cup anyway.

robharr2 wrote: »
    I live in England. RTE/ TG4 geoblock the games between the provinces and against the Italian teams. Most people with half an interest have Sky for the Heineken Cup anyway.

?

Lol To clarify, in the UK, many Irish people with an interest in watching Munster/ Leinster/ Ulster/ Connacht in the Heineken Cup have Sky, and as such switching the Celtic league to Sky, as opposed to the current situation of online streams/ Red Buttons from BBC Wales, S4C, BBC Alba and BBC NI is a good thing. The prospect of watching, say, Munster v Leinster in the UK, without having to be 'inventive' online is a plus.

I appreciate that it's a bit rubbish for people at home who have Heineken Cup coverage on RTE and Rabo matches on the terrestrial channels for nothing. To be honest though, the real culprits are a profligate RTE who can't even look after Ireland now, not to mention the irish abroad, and successive governments who have allowed Irish sporting events to be sold to foreign broadcasters.

For example, to watch GAA in the UK you must pay for Sky and subscribe to Premier Sports and then hope that they don't cancel games to facilitate Australian Rugby League.

We're coming at this from different perspectives, but I hope this satisfies your '?.' Huge respect from Kent to Leitrim.

Indeed
    Different situations an all.
    Must cost a fortune to watch Sky for Heineken and BT for Premiership rugby.
    Dodgy streams on a carp broadband for myself is no fun but...............

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I've got BT broadband, so I don't have to pay for BT (tv channels) luckilly. So I just pay for Sky and get to watch all the Pro 12, all the AP, all the Top 14 and all the Heineken Cup.

This is only for this season though, at the moment.

Now that's a good deal.

Unfortunately when Sky get their hands on the rabo I would imagine the you tube channel will go.

Super Leinster try tonight - http://youtu.be/uD7LnCAjbbU

• Advertisement

Quirky piece with Glasgow's Alastair Kellock now on Rabodirect PRO12 YouTube channel - think Leinster can win over there this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Super Leinster try tonight - http://youtu.be/uD7LnCAjbbU

Funny, the ball goes back behind the advantage line and Hodges calls advantage over....

.ak wrote: »
    Funny, the ball goes back behind the advantage line and Hodges calls advantage over....

Ah it was only a knock on. That ball was as good as, if not better than, anything you'd get from a scrum at the same point. Of the many things to moan about wrt Hodges, that wouldn't be one of the in my book.

Ah it was only a knock on. That ball was as good as, if not better than, anything you'd get from a scrum at the same point. Of the many things to moan about wrt Hodges, that wouldn't be one of the in my book.

Ah sorry I thought it was a full penalty.

.ak wrote: »
    Ah sorry I thought it was a full penalty.

Apology not accepted. I demand grovelling.

Apology not accepted. I demand grovelling.

3s06be.jpg

It's good to see the Italian teams making headway. Just in time to be dumped out of European competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Thats a more interesting conspiracy than it being about money. I want to hear more about the Sicilian Mafia beating up rugby players.

Unfortunately I suspect it's all about the money. Although I'm sure that Munster and Cardiff wouldn't shed any tears this weekend at the prospect of the poor Italians being side-lined. It is a bit strange that Zebre got to walk into the HC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement