Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good dressmaker/alteration service

Options
  • 13-09-2013 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

HELP! Daughter's debs dress just arrived and its way too big. She ordered a size 8 and its at least a 12. I think it would be massive hassle to return as it was an online purchase and I don't even know where it came from. She's at home having hysterics and I'm at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know of a good alteration service? I've only ever used these services for trouser lengthening etc or other minor issues. The fabric is chiffon PLEASE HELP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

The Tailoring Co. Barbara Kosznik
    Sussex Street, -
    Dun Laoghaire,
    Co. Dublin,
    Ireland

Dún Laoghaire · Local Services · Alterations, Dress-Makers & Tailors

This is a top class tailoring 'outfit'. Very busy so move quickly. Recently expanded.
    Phone:
    +353 1 280 6277

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Chinasea wrote: »
    The Tailoring Co. Barbara Kosznik
    Sussex Street, -
    Dun Laoghaire,
    Co. Dublin,
    Ireland

Dún Laoghaire · Local Services · Alterations, Dress-Makers & Tailors

This is a top class tailoring 'outfit'. Very busy so move quickly. Recently expanded.
    Phone:
    +353 1 280 6277

Was going to say this place too!

Also, if you work in town there is a decent alteration place on South Anne Street. I ordered my bridesmaids dresses online and they needed a good bit of alterations in them and did a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭chancer12

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Was going to say this place too!

Also, if you work in town there is a decent alteration place on South Anne Street. I ordered my bridesmaids dresses online and they needed a good bit of alterations in them and did a good job.

Thanks everyone, think we're going to take a chance and return the dress. Not too hopeful of a refund but I went to South Wm street to a highly recommended service on Sat and the dress is so big she was taking about 2 inches on each side. It would need to be virtually remade, have opted to hire a dress for the night instead. Online purchasers be warned!

Advertisement